From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Byrne
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 11:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] can't edit a formula in Excel ... again

Anette, did you see this from douglas DeCamp? It fixed the problem for me.

1. In Excel - Select File menu
2. Select Options
3. select Advanced
4. Uncheck the box that says "Allow editing directly in the cell".
This works for me.
-- hth --
At 08:28 PM 12/21/2018, you wrote:
I've been having this problem intermittently for years. I think I have
picked up on a possible cause. If the length of the formula is wider
than the cell width JAWS will not read the info, or just keeps
repeating the entire formula. I've resorted to copying the cell
contents and pasting them into Notepad, making the edit, copying the
new formula and pasting it in the cell.

Annette