Re: Backing Up External Hard Drive

JERRY MARTIN

JM:

I started cutting and pasting the folders individually, because of the excessive amounts of information. My question is this:

Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:24 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Backing Up External Hard Drive

Since it’s an external drive, all I’d do is open the drive in file explorer, open the location you want to copy to in another window, go to the external, hit ctrl-a, and then ctrl-c in the other window.

This will copy everything. If you’re looking for an automatic/synchronised/scheduled regular backup though, you’d be best finding another method.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: August 1, 2018 3:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
SuI would toggle between the hard drive and flash drive, and after confirming that the folders are on the destination drive, they still show up on my external. Any explanation as to why this is? I was under the inpression that if you cut and paste a file/folder, it would disappear from the originating drive. Thanks.

bject: [jaws-users] Backing Up External Hard Drive

Afternoon all.

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, can anyone give me instructions for backing up data from my IOmega external hard drive to another storage device? Thanks in advance, and apologies if I have asked this previously.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.