Re: Chrome, extension bar

Rebecca Lineberger

You’re welcome.  Smile.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 5:17 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Chrome, extension bar

You’re right, of course. I don’t know how I missed it. So, I clicked on “More tools” and went to extensions, where I tabbed through a surprisingly long list. Interestingly, when I used the F6/tab method, only the ad blocker and Adobe extensions were listed, perhaps because those were the only two relevant to that website. Just a guess.

As always, Rebecca, thanks.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:12 PM

Your way brought nothing up like you described, but maybe I have no add-ons installed?  Smile.

When I open Chrome, I press alt to open the menu.  I can press the up or down arrows to reach  more tools submenu.

It’s between find and cut, if that helps, when arrowing up or down.  Press enter and extensions should be there, right after clear browsing data, I think it says.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 5:00 PM

Rebecca, I figured it out, but with a different method. For the record, I can’t find “More tools.”

Here’s what I did:

With Chrome open, press F6 to land on the address bar.

Tab until the extension/add-on I want comes up.

Arrow down through the choices and press enter on my selection.

Later, when moving around with alt-enter, I came across a related page where my selection was detailed.

Can you explain how to get to “More tools”?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:53 PM

Adrian, I don’t know if this is what you want, but extensions is listed in the

More tools

Category.

Just press alt and arrow up or down.  Press enter or right arrow on more tools, then arrow down to extensions and press enter.

I’ve not done anything with this, so perhaps others will advise.  Smile.

Rebecca

Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 4:37 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Chrome, extension bar

How do I find the extension bar in Google Chrome? I’ve searched settings without success.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.