Re: Administer Rights Inquiry

JERRY MARTIN

Steve:

Sorry about that. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. My reason for asking is that, when I was trying to transfer a Word Document from my external Hard Drive, to a flash drive, it said that I needed to run as administrator. Again, my apologies for dropping pertinent information

From: Steve
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 4:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Administer Rights Inquiry

Again, as many have said, it would help if you specified your windows version.

You can elevate to Administrative rights from the command prompt; or in Windows 10 use the Windows-X command and look for "run as administrator."

The account is created in Windows 10, but I don't think it is visible in Windows 8, 7, or Vista. If you are troubleshooting something that needs to run as administrator, you can enable it with a simple command.

Warning: The built-in Administrator account has a lot more privileges than a regular administrator account -- you can easily get into trouble if you use it regularly. Only use the administrator account when you need it; then disable it when you are done.

If you’re unsure whether you need it, you probably shouldn’t use it at all.

Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows:

You’ll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box).

Steve