Re: help with composing email in outlook 2016

chris judge

It was happening to me quite frequently when replying to a message, but jaws 2019 seems to have solved it.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: December 10, 2018 2:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] help with composing email in outlook 2016

this has been happening to me at work using Jaws 2018, Outlook 2016, on Windows 7.

If I alt-tab away and back, I can type. I just tried Adrian's suggestion of turning off quick keys but that turned them on, but when I toggled them off again, I could type.

Very strange especially since it is not consistent.

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

On Dec 10, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:

It’s exactly as you say, Kimsan. Just press JAWS key+z to get out of “quick keys.” But yes, it is annoying, especially when I haven’t realized quick keys is on before I’ve typed a whole sentence. Part of the problem is inconsistency. Sometimes when I start a new message, quick keys is on, sometimes not.