Re: help with composing email in outlook 2016

chris judge

It was happening to me quite frequently when replying to a message, but jaws 2019 seems to have solved it.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: December 10, 2018 2:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] help with composing email in outlook 2016

this has been happening to me at work using Jaws 2018, Outlook 2016, on Windows 7.

If I alt-tab away and back, I can type. I just tried Adrian's suggestion of turning off quick keys but that turned them on, but when I toggled them off again, I could type.

Very strange especially since it is not consistent. 

Richard

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." __  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 

On Dec 10, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:

It’s exactly as you say, Kimsan. Just press JAWS key+z to get out of “quick keys.” But yes, it is annoying, especially when I haven’t realized quick keys is on before I’ve typed a whole sentence. Part of the problem is inconsistency. Sometimes when I start a new message, quick keys is on, sometimes not.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 11:42 AM
To: 'jaws' <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] help with composing email in outlook 2016

Hi,

Not sure how to word the subject line but this is my issue…

I’ve noticed lately no matter which jaws version I use, when pressing CTRL n to compose a new email, when typing it acts like I’m on the internet or quick keys are on.

For example, if I open an email to compose, hi folks. When I press the “H” for hi, it says there are no headings.

What do yall suppose the issue is. It’s driving me nuts!

I’ve made sure the window is maximized but outside of that not sure of what else to do.

I’m using windows 10 pro, jaws 17 through 2019.

Thank you.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.