Re: skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

I have the new skype and do not see that. There is no alt to get files and so on. There is nothing for accessibility. Using W10 and jaws 2018.

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:55 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

So, what is quicker and more efficient?

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

Hi Justin!

Go to the Store, and press:

CTRL+E to search for an app.

Type in Skype, and press enter.

Tab to where it says:

Get skype, and press enter.

In a few seconds, it will install as an universal Win10 app on your computer.

Close store, and go to the start area, and tab to all apps, and find skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to pin to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items, and press the letter S until you hear Skype!

Enter, and you can sign into the Skype app, and you can tab to everything you need!

The more I play with Skype 8.25, though, it is easy to use as well.

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web, like B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

You can even set placemarkers where ever you want in skype, because it is exactly like putting place markers on a web page!

The app is a lot smaller, and more condensed.

Take care.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:57 PM

What skype is that?  How do you get win ten universal app?

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi Marvin and all!

I agree with the Win10 Skype app being much easier to use.

Even if you tab to what you want, it is only a few tabs.

Skype 8.25, seems much more confusing, for me, anyway!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 8:43 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi. using windows 10 64 bit pro 1803 and got jaws 2018, latest July update. And well found skype 8.25 a bit confusing and also it did not port over one contact which was my second brother, but it does in the windows 10 universal app. Find it a much cleaner interface, not sure about voicemail, forwarding, as don’t do that, I am on a skype group with a whole bunch of sighted students doing a interactive gaming and digital media course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au, and also the skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the scripts for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would stick to thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

And got it from the Microsoft store in Australia.

Marvin from Adelaide, Australia.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.