Re: Jaws and PDF issues

Jason White

I would suggest using a different PDF reader for the documents in question. The PDF reader in Chrome is working quite well for me.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2018 9:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws and PDF issues

Hi folks. Can anybody answer this question?

Hi Chris,

I am back to work now and am finding I am having trouble with pdf files with headers and footers. I find that while I am using the down arrow and reading the document the cursor will get stuck on the footer and the document will skip a few pagesand I will loose my spot. Likewise with the header while arrowing upwards. Have you ever come across this?

Also do you know how Jaws reacts to secured pdf’s? I opened a secured document and Jaws would not read it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

902 549 0472

N O T I C E - This message from Hatch is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or proprietary. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. By communicating with us via e-mail, you accept such risks. When addressed to our clients, any information, drawings, opinions or advice (collectively, "information") contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing agreements. Where no such agreement exists, the recipient shall neither rely upon nor disclose to others, such information without our written consent. Unless otherwise agreed, we do not assume any liability with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the information set out in this e-mail. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and destroy and delete the message from your computer.