Re: question how to turn off audio ducking in jaws 2018

James Malone

Hi Takis, You might want to try going in to the control panel, then tab over to sounds and hardware. There you will find devices such as sound manager. Just keep tabbing until you hear sounds and audio devices, then press enter. Control tab until you hear communications tab,   

Once there, just do a control tab to the communications tab, then tab to the desired program you want to change the volume to. I had this issue in Skype a while back, and I was able to change or effect the volume change in this windows. Hope this helps.

Best:

James

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of ?a?a???t?? ??t???p?????
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 6:41 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] question how to turn off audio ducking in jaws 2018

Hi all,

With jaws 2018, win10 32 bit machine, for me the opposite is true I cannot get ducking work lowering my music, and I have made sure settings are correct.

Kindest regards, Takis

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 3:26 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] question how to turn off audio ducking in jaws 2018

Hi Again Mitch,

I forgot to add  that this feature can also be tobbled on & off by using a Layered Keystroke.  Press, Insert / Jaws Key + Spacebar, lut up and press the letter, D, to toggle Audio Ducking on / off.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 4:10 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] question how to turn off audio ducking in jaws 2018

Hi all I am using jaws 2018 and windows 10 on a windows 64 pc. I am wondering how do I turn off audio ducking? When I am reading a book in winamp when ever I get a message in my inbox jaws lowers the volume on winamp inorder to read the message. I am looking for how to stop this from happening? Many thanks. From Mich.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.