Re: How Do We Respond to an Individual Rather than the List?

david

Hello;

I would assume, that, windows live mail, windows 10 mail, thunderbird, outlook express,

will not work with the shift+insert+r=reply privately to sender because, there's know jaws scripting with those email client's.

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 6:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How Do We Respond to an Individual Rather than the List?

The office 2016 I have is via office365.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2018 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How Do We Respond to an Individual Rather than the List?

It works for me too with Outlook for Office 365 (i.e., desktop version).

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 3:26 PM

It works for me, outlook 2016, Jaws 2019, Windows7 .

I saw your email address in the to: field when I did this, Melissa.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Melissa Stott
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2018 2:41 PM

Insert ShiftR definitely doesn’t work for me.  Of course, I’m using the windows10 mail app.

Melissa

Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:55 PM

Hi Richard and All,

When using the, Insert, Shift + R, keystroke pay close attention as to what Jaws reports!  This keystroke does not work all the time!  Also double check the, To field, when using this keystroke to make sure that you're replying to the person and not the list.  Believe me, this is from a person that's been caught in an embarrassing moment or 2 using this keystroke!  LOL 

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2018 7:43 AM

Thanks for that hotkey.  That works perfectly.  That must be a Jaws hotkey.
It only works with Jaws and not NVDA or Narrator.
Thanks,
Richard

"Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure." - Bruce U. Utah Phillips

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of DGH
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:38 AM

Try, insert shift r.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sherry Wells
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2018 9:24 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] How Do We Respond to an Individual Rather than the List?

I wanted to respond to an individual on this list rather than the whole list but couldn't figure out how to do it.  The from line in the email when I do a reply just has the jaws list on behalf of name, no personal email address.
I tried shift cntl R which seems to work for some lists but not this one.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks,
Sherry Wells

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca682589a8380417f408908d6586c380e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636793619145141231&amp;sdata=uasSAaXoqREQoBSypvYNNnE5nm7O1N2ITLEYvER9gYc%3D&amp;reserved=0

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.