Re: JAWS with Workday software for HR .

Steve

Just curious, did you try using the Jaws OCR layered commands to see if it would expose something you could then do a simulated mouse-click on?
Insert-Space, then O, and then W for example might see something in the relevant window.

I'm not personally conversant with WorkDay,  although as a former HR pro, I have heard of it. 
One thing that might complicate things is that it is cloud-based, from what I understand.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS with Workday software for HR .

I am finding Workday challenging.   One of the challenges I was having yesterday while trying to edit my performance goals is these boxes that should be a combo box, in my opinion.  I think the way sighted users invoke them is to click on a little icon in the right edge of the edit box that opens a little window with the choices in it.  I cannot figure out how to open these with JAWS.  It’s not like I can start typing an option I know exists in the list and having it auto populate.  I am just trying to figure out if I am missing something before I submit feedback.  I work for a company with 18,000 employees, so maybe I can get a more direct feedback route on accessibility issues.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Southard, Kevin L
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 4:38 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS with Workday software for HR .

Yes, Unum also utilizes Work Day for their HR administration. Even though Work day claims to be accessible, it is not completely accessible. Even when issues are reported, issue resolution is slow at best.

Many functions are clumsy at best and I still have to get assistance from a sighted person for a number of the tasks that are required of me.  We have been using Work Day for a couple of years now.

Best of luck!

Kevin Southard

CACI – RBC Repatriation Team
Unum - Mail Stop A363
Telephone (207) 575-3556
Facsimile   (207) 575-8454
email: ksouthard@...

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS with Workday software for HR .

This message originated outside of Unum. Use caution when opening attachments, clicking links or responding to requests for information.

My company uses Workday for its HR software.  Are there others on this list also using Workday with JAWS? 

Robin Van Lant |  Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.