Re: help with number pronunciation

Matthew Horspool

Hi,

Yes this is a good suggestion and probably the answer. Other things to try:

1.       Also in Settings Centre/Text Processing/Number an Date Processing, have a play with the "Number Processing" setting. "Controlled by synthesizer" is usually fine. Failing that you could try "Full Numbers". "Single Digits" or "Pairs" will render results similar to what you are describing.

2.       Check how the number itself is written out. In the UK, an annoying precedent has emerged wherein groups of three digits are separated by a space rather than a comma, e.g. 10 000 instead of 10,000 or even 10000. If your numbers are written out in this way, JAWS has no chance.

That has made me think, though, that perhaps I should suggest to FS that the non-breaking space be considered a digit separator. Not that many people use that character, but we have to start somewhere. Others could also join me in making this suggestion if they wish: suggestions@...

Matthew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Marek Durila
Sent: 28 November 2018 07:34
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] help with number pronunciation

Hi,
In configuration manager check number if more than 8 digits, containint dashes etc.

Regards,

Marek Durila
Nordic Health Check - Perform Health Check Team Member
IBM Client Innovation Centre Central Europe

Phone: 420-53341-4788 | Mobile: 420-605-031-743
E-mail:
Marek_Durila@...

Technicka 21
Brno, 61600
Czech Republic

"Kimsan via Groups.Io" ---28.11.2018 08:09:08---Hi, Using jaws 18 through 2019 on latest windows 10, I'm trying to have jaws for

To: 'jaws' <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.11.2018 08:09
Subject: [jaws-users] help with number pronunciation
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi,
Using jaws 18 through 2019 on latest windows 10, I’m trying to have jaws for example say ten thousand, instead of ten zeero zero.
Can someone help?
Thank you.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.