From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: July 27, 2018 6:10 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] External Hard Drive Formatting

Hi Jerry,

I don't know if this might cause the problem you're having, but check both your operating system drive and your storage drive properties to see if they're formatted with the same file systems.  You want them to be using the NTFS file system.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 2:34 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] External Hard Drive Formatting

Afternoon all.

I have an IOmega External hard drive, and I have a question regarding it.

I have been having a problem with some of my documents. I can, using Word 13, create a document, save it to my documents folder, then copy it to my external. As soon as I do, it gets converted to a read only file. I spoke with Microsoft accessibility, and they thought the problem was solved, but not so. I spoke with a computer expert, and I was told to transfer all of the files/folders to another device, format the external, then re-transfer all materials back to the external, and that should solve the problem.

So, here is my question. Is there anything I need to keep on there before I format it? I never formatted the device; I just started using it out of the box. I am using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks in advance.

Jerry