Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 2:34 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] External Hard Drive Formatting

Afternoon all.

I have an IOmega External hard drive, and I have a question regarding it.

I have been having a problem with some of my documents. I can, using Word 13, create a document, save it to my documents folder, then copy it to my external. As soon as I do, it gets converted to a read only file. I spoke with Microsoft accessibility, and they thought the problem was solved, but not so. I spoke with a computer expert, and I was told to transfer all of the files/folders to another device, format the external, then re-transfer all materials back to the external, and that should solve the problem.

So, here is my question. Is there anything I need to keep on there before I format it? I never formatted the device; I just started using it out of the box. I am using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks in advance.

Jerry