having trouble with expanded/collapsed links and tabs

joanne

I am using jaws 2019 and windows 7. I don't know if going back to an earlier version would keep this from happening, but I just don't know what to do with these "expanded/collapsed" tabs and links. For instance, if on a website and it gives the name of an expanded tab and you want to use it, entering either collapses it or opens a form field. Or arrowing, of course, will select another tab to be expanded. I don't even know why they have these, but would another version of Jaws not make this so difficult, or are websites changing to these things which are hard to understand?

Thank you.