Re: Microsoft Windows And Bitlocker

Van Lant, Robin

My entire company laptop is encrypted with Bitlocker, so I don’t even get JAWS running.   I do have similar issues with forms in Microsoft Edge.  I wonder if you are in a virtual cursor and you need to turn it off with Insert Z?  Or, a good test would be to see how Narrator handles it.  If neither work, I’d call Microsoft Accessibility.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 3:08 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Microsoft Windows And Bitlocker

Hi friends,

I have a drive in a caddy which has bene encrypted with Bitlocker.

When you try to unlock the drive with the password, the unlock screen comes up but the cursor keeps jumping past the box that you enter the password in, you can tab to the password box but then JAWS seems to just jump straight out again and to a hyperlink for info.

Has anyone come across anything similar?

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114