Re: Nice surprise in 2019

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi David,

Running Windows 7, Jaws16 thru J2019, & Outlook Express.  If you open your WLM quick settings do you have any of these options like in OE?
General Mail Settings

Message Header Field With Message Announcement not checked

Web frames and Link Count Announcement not checked

Messages automatically read not checked

If so, try unchecking all 3 of them and see if your message reading improves.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:54 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Nice surprise in 2019

I have the same problem and unfortunately my ability to script is not up to the task so far to correct it.

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:24 PM

No, and I have had the problem for several releases of Jaws. Some messages begin reading fine and others don’t and I cant figure out the difference. I have contacted FS a couple of times, but they seem not to understand what I am trying to tell them, so I just live with it.
Marie

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Marie, I am having the same trouble you mentioned. When I open an email to read it, I now have to up arrow one time to get it done. I never had to do that before. I am running Jaws 2019 on a windows ten machine. Any ideas on how to fix my problem so it reads like it used to with jaws  2018?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Nice surprise in 2019

I installed the full version of 2019 and got a nice surprise when I began checking emails with WLM. As most know, often when you are reading a message and press delete: the next message opens but Jaws does not always begin reading the body of the message unless you press the up arrow key. Not positive it will last but now each message began reading as soon as it was opened. It really speeds things up.

Marie

David Ferrin
owner@...
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.