Re: Control-F Inconsistent for Searching in Word 2010

Margaret Thomas

Thanks, Jim. Function key 6 works here. I seem to sometimes have to tab several times to get a result, but I'll have to spend more time with it since I got a strange button for store hours on one of my attempts. I have no idea what that was all about since I don't think I was searching for a store's phone number.

I have a couple of big documents that I use several times a day and alternate search commands like yours will be a huge help.

Margaret

On 7/25/2018 2:48 PM, Jim Pursley wrote:
Some time ago, a friendly Windows update decided to use the status bar (F6) as the location for the find function.  Try it.  Tap F6 and you will encounter an edit box, below which there are some options.
On 7/25/2018 3:21 PM, Margaret Thomas wrote:
Good Afternoon, All:

Months ago I started having a problem searching for text in Word 2010 documents running JAWS 18 on my Windows 7 64 bit Home machine.  The Control-F command
is very Inconsistent and often
works only one time out of six or more times or even a dozen. I've try pressing Control-F several times quickly when the normal one fails since I thought
I saw a post somewhere that
that helps and it still isn't consistent and it often takes more than a half dozen tries to search.  Sometimes Control-F doesn't even work the first time
I use it that day with a Word document.  I've even tried the other Control key in case the problem was with the right hand one.

I renewed my JAWS SMA and installed J2018 and still
have the same problem.  Control-F seems to work every time with J16 and 17; and also with NVDA2018.1.1 and also worked consistently with NVDA 2017.x.

When I press Control-F with JAWS, JAWS says nothing at all instead of something like navigation pane and search box where I can type in what I want to

search for and then hit enter.

Any help getting Control-F to work with JAWS18 and 2018  would be greatly appreciated.  I use Thunderbird for e-mail and JAWS 2018 works better for me
than some of the previous versions of JAWS and that's why I am using it.

Margaret