Re: How to get JAWS to announce the number of unread messages in Outlook 2016 inbox

chris judge

I am as well. Insert 3 on num pad hasn’t given me that sort of info for years now. When I press insert 3 I get, Filter applied, zoom 10 percent.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: October 22, 2018 9:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to get JAWS to announce the number of unread messages in Outlook 2016 inbox

I’m using Outlook 2016 also.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to get JAWS to announce the number of unread messages in Outlook 2016 inbox

I’m using outlook 2016 and that doesn’t work.

I’ve always used Jim’s route…

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:20 PM

In addition to Jim’ suggestion, when you’re in the message list, press insert-3 on the numpad. JAWS will tell you the total number of messages in the folder, then the number of unread ones.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:26 PM

Hit Control Y which brings up the folders menu.  Inbox should be the firstone, showing the number of unread messages.  There may be a better way but this one works for me, as I don't need to check every few minutes.   I seem to always have a bunch of unread messages as many are news related and don't demand immediate attention.

On 10/21/2018 10:26 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:

Hi List,

Does anyone know of a hotkey shortcut to get JAWS to speak the unread messages in an Outlook 2016 inbox?

I apologize if this has been covered recently but I'm asking for a friend and haven't been thoroughly digesting the recent Outlook posts.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Lemly

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.