Re: How to get JAWS to announce the number of unread messages in Outlook 2016 inbox

Mauricio Molina

Hi All,

Here is a tip I first got from a Microsoft Disability Tech Support technician to address the issue of JAWS Key (Insert)+NumPad 3 not reading the number of total messages and the number of unread messages in a folder. As someone who configures various email accounts in Outlook often, I found this tip to be a keeper.

  1. Press Alt+V, followed by the letter V.
  2. Press the Tab key to the “Filter (dot dot dot)” button and activate.
  3. Tab to the “Clear All” button and activate.
  4. Tab to the “OK” button and activate.
  5. Tab to the “OK” button and activate.
  6. Finished.

Mauricio