Re: How to change modifier key/jaws key?

LeDon

I agree with you that the laptop configuration should be the default. I would suspect that most people on this list use the laptop computer. In fact more laptop computers are being sold these days than desk top computers. Now we know that not all laptop computers have the number pad. In that case giving them instructions to use the num pad to do a thing is no help. I suspect that back in the early days this was not true. and likely more than not the user back then was on a desktop computer. But since that is the way things were always done, they will keep doing it that way. I am sure that the powers that be will not be reading this post, but if they were this is what I would say, Hey folks, get with it, it is not  still the twentieth century. Let’s get with the twenty first century. It is time to consider the laptop the default configuration.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:37 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to change modifier key/jaws key?

I really think that laptop layout should be the default.

Nothing is lost with that setting, it only adds more functionality, and standard keyboard users would have to do nothing differently.

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:31 PM

I think you’re looking for the laptop keyboard layout. You’ll find this in the JAWS menu:

Insert-j for JAWS

Press enter on “Options.”

Press enter on “Basics” and tab over to the keyboard layout list.