Re: How to change modifier key/jaws key?

Dave...

Correct. However there are laptops with a separate numeric keypad included that would solve that problem.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 21:28
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to change modifier key/jaws key?

Hi,

No, that is not at all my concern. My concern is that there does not appear to be any other Insert key except for the caps lock key in laptop mode. I know very well how to use the caps lock key in laptop mode, but very much regret not having more than one Insert key as is the case with the desktop keyboard.

Regards
- --
Pat Acquaviva

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 11:08:16 PM CDT, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

Are you stating that there is no caps lock in laptop mode?
If this is what concerns you, that not be of concern, one only needs tap the caps lock twice quickly to invoke the caps lock and the same to disengage it.
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:01 PM

Hello to Glenn and all others in the list,

What about the fact that the laptop keyboard uses the caps lock, and only the caps lock as the Insert key? To the best of my knowledge, there is no way of having more than one key serve as the Insert key, unless one chooses to use a key remapping program such as Sharp Keys. This restriction is not present when using the desktop keyboard. Nor is this restriction present when using NVDA. Perhaps I am totally incorrect with regard to the above statement. If so, I'd love to be corrected.

This disadvantage is about as miserable as having only one Windows key on the more modern keyboards.

Cheers
- --
Pat Acquaviva

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 10:36:14 PM CDT, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I really think that laptop layout should be the default.
Nothing is lost with that setting, it only adds more functionality, and standard keyboard users would have to do nothing differently.
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:31 PM

I think you’re looking for the laptop keyboard layout. You’ll find this in the JAWS menu:

Insert-j for JAWS

Press enter on “Options.”

Press enter on “Basics” and tab over to the keyboard layout list.