Re: How to get the old Alt Tab dialog in Windows 10 Back

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Jorge,

Okay, this is where I got the, Shift Tab, idea from what you said.

You said, "I thought, if you remove jaws from the system tray, you will gain that extra shift tab back, that you got rid of it in the first place, when you chose
to add jaws to the system tray."

Regardless, the only way anyone will know if one way works better than the other is to give them both a try.  Personally, I've found pluses & minuses using either setting.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to get the old Alt Tab dialog in Windows 10 Back

Hi Mister B. ,

Ok, have you tried alt escape to cycle around like alt tab in Win10?

Just to clear the air, I never mention using shift tab anytime LOL!  And is a perfference

I agree the classic theme is better in my case.

Adios big brother B.

Jorge,

There is no better symbol for the purpose we serve than the emblem every Marine earns: the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The eagle represents the proud nation we defend. It stands at the ready with our coastlines in sight and the entire world within reach of its outstretched wings. The globe represents our worldwide presence. The anchor points both to the Marine Corps' naval heritage and its ability to access any coastline in the world. Together, the eagle, globe and anchor symbolize our commitment to defend our nation—in the air, on land and at sea.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:36 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi Jorge,

The difference I'm finding after switching to the classic style is you get the desktop back.  What I mean is let's say you have Notepad, Word, Firefox, & Dropbox all open, and you close all the mentioned windows.  With the default setting you land on an empty screen, so you have to invoke the Windows key + D, or M, keystroke to get back to the desktop.  Using the classic mode, after you close the previously mentioned windows you Alt + Tab and you're back on the desktop.  Depending on individual settings this could be different, but this is the difference on my personal computer.  Now, I'm not going to debate whether one is better than the other because whether I choose the Windows 10 default or the classic mode is  entirely my choice and noone elses.  Like I said in the original post, the tweak was only mentioned because I've read many people wanting the Alt + Tab back to the desktop option back, and this gives them that option.

Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:01 AM

Hi Mike,

I been running W10, since MS offered the free download from W7 to W10 almost 4  years ago and I never had a problem with the alt tab cycle.

Most likely I miss understood the problem some people were having? Or they got a bad download.

Back in the beginning of W10, I had to download the media creation tool from FS and remove the jaws mirror drivers, so jaws would work better in W10, but now it’s smooth sailing!

I got rid of an extra alt tab, when I added jaws to the system tray, what I was trying to explain.

Take care, well back to scanning.

Jorge,

There is no better symbol for the purpose we serve than the emblem every Marine earns: the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The eagle represents the proud nation we defend. It stands at the ready with our coastlines in sight and the entire world within reach of its outstretched wings. The globe represents our worldwide presence. The anchor points both to the Marine Corps' naval heritage and its ability to access any coastline in the world. Together, the eagle, globe and anchor symbolize our commitment to defend our nation—in the air, on land and at sea.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 11:07 PM

Hi Jorge,

We're talking about, Alt + Tab between running / open windows, not Shift + tab.  Anyways having Jaws in the system tray has nothing to do with the default way of, Alt + Tabbing, as opposed to the older way.  I know this all matter of personal preference, so the only reason I posted what i did was because I've read a lot of posts' of people from not only this list, but others, complaining that Alt + Tab didn't work very well in Windows 10 and were advised to use the Windows key + Tab  keystroke instead.

Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 7:09 PM

Hi Mike,

If, my memory is there:

I thought, if you remove jaws from the system tray, you will gain that extra shift tab back, that you got rid of it in the first place, when you chose to add jaws to the system tray.

And in your other inquery about removing the action center from the system tray, well if you can add you must be able to remove too.

putting the Jaws icon or  any icon on the notification area.

Windows key+I, for settings, tab one time.

Right arrow to, personalization, press enter, tab one time.

Down arrow to, Taskbar, press enter.

Tab until you hear to, Choose what icons appear on the taskbar link, press enter.

Tab across and select what icons you want on the system tray / notification bar, by selecting and checking it.

Close the window.

Now, go to the system tray and check all your system tray icons are there.

HTH,

Jorge,

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 3:39 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] How to get the old Alt Tab dialog in Windows 10 Back

Hi All,

Running Windows 10 Pro and Jaws latest.  Rick a fellow moderator told me about this quite some time back and it works great!  I came across this, tried it and it works as advertised.  I didn't do the registry hack personally, but downloaded the program and made the change with their program.  Here's the website to hear how it works and the download link & steps are below the website URL.

To download the program click on the link below, press the letter, B for button, then up arrow a few times to the download link.

Sent from my iBarstool.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.