Re: how does insert f3 get buttons and links to work?

Glenn / Lenny

The way it has worked for me, is to put the cursor on the item that isn't working, like where you would press the space bar, but it isn't working, then do insert + #3 and then press the space bar, or if that does not work, do insert + #3 then the enter key.

From: joanne
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:13 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] how does insert f3 get buttons and links to work?

I recently heard about the insert f3 pass key, and since some sites have links and buttons that won't work when pressing spacebar or entering, I thought I'd attempt to use this key combo. I don't know what exactly you do--like is there a sequence of things that make it work? For instance, I go to buttons and there's an okay button. But do you escape out of the jaws f3 after spacing on okay? Or, after pressing okay, should the button or link work right away? I know that some types of searches require the escape key after the search, so if someone can show me how to use this combo effectively I'd appreciate it.

Joanne