how does insert f3 get buttons and links to work?

joanne

I recently heard about the insert f3 pass key, and since some sites have links and buttons that won't work when pressing spacebar or entering, I thought I'd attempt to use this key combo. I don't know what exactly you do--like is there a sequence of things that make it work? For instance, I go to buttons and there's an okay button. But do you escape out of the jaws f3 after spacing on okay? Or, after pressing okay, should the button or link work right away? I know that some types of searches require the escape key after the search, so if someone can show me how to use this combo effectively I'd appreciate it.

Joanne