Re: USPS issue.

Glenn / Lenny

Judy,
This does not work with all check boxes, but it does with some.
Try using insert + #3, the key to pass through, and then see if you can check it with the space bar after that.
HTH.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] USPS issue.

Yes I did.  I tried Google Chrome.  I also got on the site with my Galaxy S8 and Kiwi browser, got further than on the PC, but could not check the proper choice/type of package I want to send.  The box would not check.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 3:10 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] USPS issue.

Have you tried a different browser?  If you are using IE, try Firefox or Chrome to see whether you still encounter this problem.

Gerald

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 10:09 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] USPS issue.

Hi, Folks,

I have been using USPS for years to ship packages.  I get on today, only to find out that the edit fields are unavailable to weigh a package.  I’m having a little hissy-fit, because the package I am trying to mail is expected.

My question.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

To duplicate, go to www.usps.com, sign in, create a label, an fill in fields until you get to the package section.  I check the box for ship my own package, and a couple of edit fields appear for Pounds and Ounces, except that Jaws reports they are unavailable.

I’ve tried filling in one edit field at a time, or simply tabbing through the process withedit fields open, but it skips the weight fields.

I am using Windows 10 with Jaws 18.

Thanks for reporting back, and if you have any ideas for me, will gladly try anything.  If all else fails, I will take the package for mailing, but am so tired of this cavalaire attitude of changing sites and throwing up road blocks for people using access technology.  I know this problem will not go away, in general, but had to vent hahahaha!

Thanks much.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.