Re: chrome

Matthew Chao

I used Chrome on the Social Security Web site, and it missed some crucial radio buttons. As a result, I got locked out of my account. Yet, when I went into IE to do the same thing, everything showed up. So, go figure. We need to use all the browsers available to us. One size does not fit all.--Matthew Chao

On 10/13/2018 9:01 AM, Dennis L wrote:
If someone could explain how to quickly access favorites and how to auto play flash streams this would be appreciated.
*From:*jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Adrian Spratt
*Sent:* Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:01 AM
*To:* jaws-users-list@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] chrome
I agree that all three browsers are now needed, but I�d like to reinforce Chrome as first choice for primary browser. I was a very reluctant adopter of Chrome, as I made clear when I argued with another lister that it wasn�t completely accessible. In fact, it wasn�t at the time. After my first experiment or two with it, I went back to IE11. But IE11 works with increasingly fewer websites. Meanwhile, Chrome�s accessibility kept improving.
Firefox is a mystery to me. One moment JAWS catches up to it, the next JAWS and Firefox are incompatible. Right now, there�s one website I regularly visit that works only with the current version of Firefox. The daily video at that website can�t be found with either chrome or IE11, but its� right there with Firefox.
Chrome works mostly like IE and Firefox. All the navigation commands work the same. The big difference is its menu structure. But once I figured out how to gain fast access to the favorites that I�d transferred over from IE, everything else was minor.
The menu structure is navigated by a combination of the alt key and h for headers. I have Mike B to thank for pointing that out. So, you press the alt key to enter the file menu. Then you press h until you find a heading that might be relevant to what you want. Then you arrow down through the options.
If I need to explain favorites, I�ll gladly do so when it isn�t so late and I don�t have a ton of other things to do.