Re: JAWS 2018 and 2019 beta with Word 2016

Ann Byrne

When Word gets squirly, sometimes it helps to unload/reload with insert+windows+f4.
Good luck!

At 11:59 AM 10/12/2018, you wrote:
I reported the 2018 problem to tech support last Friday and the 2019 beta to the beta submissions page today. My OS is Windows 10.

After working with word 2016 for a very short while, JAWS stops reading by character, word or line. It does read with "say all" and with the control up/down arrow paragraph commands. I feel as though there's a clue here, but I can't figure it out. I've maximized the window and also adjusted screen resolution to the level that Mike B find works on his systems. Nothing stops this behavior.

With the 2019 beta, I don't know if this behavior persists because another problem gets in the way as soon as I start reading with "say all." Every so often, JAWS will repeat a phrase or sentence. It happens so often that it gets completely distracting, so I go back to 2018. But it doesn't take long before I'm copying documents into Notepad and even Outlook 2016 email messages just in order to do my nitpicky editing.

Any thoughts?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.