From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:31 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Sound indicating spelling error

Hi. Robin recently posted a query about the clicking sound JAWS 2019 beta makes when apparently reporting a spelling error. It seemed there were no spelling errors. I think I know what  might be going on.

I have Outlook/Word 2016 set to autocorrect my typing. When that click is heard, two things may be happening almost simultaneously. First, JAWS picks up an error. Second, autocorrect fixes it.

Note that autocorrect doesn’t fix every spelling error, so sometimes the click really does indicate that there’s still an error there.