From: Casey
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012

hi okay when you purchased this program?

How then did you tell it to look for anything that involved windows live
mail?

So that you could be sure that it only deleted that stuff and not
anything else?

Also where can you purchase this Registry
First Aid from about to you have to renew it or is it A one time payment
for this program?

Also how well does it work with Jaws and windows seven?

And one last thing is once you get the program and purchase it what is
the best way to install it and get rid of the things you don't want?

Also does it back up your registry so that if you use this program to
remove something that you didn't want to remove you can go back and fix it?

On 7/23/2018 9:33 PM, T. Civitello wrote:
I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win 10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7 reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program: "Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch. Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Steve
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 6:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Ok, there are some questions I have.

It doesn't give you any specific error code?

Second, do you use a third-party firewall? If so, turn it off before
attempting to re-install.

If that doesn't work, then:

Try uninstalling Windows Live Essentials (you may have parts of your failed
installation on the system):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-uninstall-ui

Next, see if these remnants still exist, and remove them:
for 32 bit

C:\Program Files\Windows Live

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

for 64 bit

C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

Now, try downloading Window Essentials 2012 from:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home

Remember, when you are going to install it, you can uncheck the different
associated boxes for the programs you do not want to install.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>