Re: download problem with audible workaround

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Had a good one myself. The person was able to fix my problem and he gave me an extra credit for the problem.

Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] download problem with audible workaround

My one good experience with Audible tech support was when a guy from their Costa Rica office got on. Actually, I’ve spoken to him twice. Both times, he listened to the problem, already a big step, and then systemically solved it and ensured that particular problem wouldn’t recur. The first time, though, there was a huge thunder storm going on outside his building and he was drinking coffee to calm himself. A delightful man. Otherwise, my experiences have been like yours.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:59 PM

Thanks, guess I’ll be doing it that way as well. Audible tech support is never a fun time.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: October 9, 2018 6:19 PM

The way I transfer from Audible Manager to my Stream is with good old-fashioned copy and paste, with my Stream’s SD card and reader in a USB port.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:23 PM

Yes, thanks a bunch. I’ve also been frustrated with audible for a while now. Thanks to Johns post I can now download, but when I attempt to transfer to my stream using audible manager I’m getting an error, incorrect parameter. Have you guys gotten this?

Thanks.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 6:24 PM

John,

Thank you so much for this post. Audible has been a source of frustration since I switched to Windows 10 in July. I’ve spoken several times to Audible tech support and once spent more than an hour on a call getting nowhere. I just now went in search of this checkbox, and it was unchecked. Now that I’ve checked it, I hope my downloading problem is solved.

My steps ended up being a little different:

Open audible and click on the “Account details“ link.

On the next page, search for “Update settings” and click on that link.

On the next page, search for “  Check for Audible Download Manager.”

If the box is unchecked, check it.

There’s no “Okay” button, so it seems the change takes immediate effect.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 2:26 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] download problem with audible workaround

HI.

Audible customer support helped me fix the problem with not having the download link activate when I’m trying to download a book from my library. This is tangentially related to Jaws because I’m using JAWS to access Audible.com

If you want to download a book, before going into your library, go to

Account details. You’ll have to sign in.

Once you’re in account details, go down to audio preferences. Check the checkbox that says check for audible manager on your desktop before downloading . Then go into  your library. The download links should work now.

apparently  the developers messed something up; they know  this is a problem and found this work-around.

John

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.