Re: New Windows Update Question.

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Well if Chrome is king, we are screw.

Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2018 8:13 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] New Windows Update Question.

I just spent an hour with edge, that was enough.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sadam Ahmed
Sent: October 6, 2018 3:35 AM

hi Inamuddin,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I strongly disagree with your assessment of JAWS and current Edge accessibility. 

Whilst I have no doubt that Microsoft and Freedom Scientific continue to improve and  build upon what was introduced in 2018,   Edge at the moment isn't a good option for productive web browsing.

Even sighted people would agree, the latest numbers show Chrome is king, followed by Firefox, with Edge contributing only  4.3% of market share.  

http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/desktop/worldwide

Best,

Sadam Ahmed

On 10/6/2018 12:30 PM, inam din wrote:

Dear, if you are using JAWS 18, you are partially right but with JAWS 2018 and 2019 you are totally wrong!

Because with JAWS 2018 and 2019, we can use MS Edge quite nicely and tutorial of MS Edge is also there!

If you cannot update your JAWS to any reason and if you are from the United State, you have a good option to acquire annual subscription and you can use the latest JAWS!

HTH

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io on behalf of Judy Jones mailto:sonshines59@...
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:44:47 AM

Hello, and thanks.

I am using Google Chrome, but there are still some pages that work better with Internet Explorer.  I switch back and forth between.

I haven’t heard enough good about Edge to want to start using it yet.  From what I hear, it is not overall reliable yet with Jaws.  If I am wrong, am happy to be corrected.  I am using Jaws 18 with Windows 10.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of inam din
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 5:41 PM

Dear, at the moment IE11 is not going anywhere but one thing you need to remember

one day or another, IE11 will definetly  die and you should be ready for that!

For that readiness, I’d like to advise you to learn using different browsers specially MS Edge !

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io on behalf of Judy Jones mailto:sonshines59@...
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 10:29:27 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] New Windows Update Question.

Hello, All,

I thought I remembered reading somewhere on the list, that with the new Windows update, Internet Explorer would disappear?

I don’t want that happening.  How harmful is it to not let your Windows update then?  Would that make me more vulnerable to hacks?

Thanks for your collective knowledge here.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.