Audacity 2.3.0

David Bailes

Audacity is a free multi track audio editor, and version 2.3.0 has just been released. One of its new features is punch and roll recording, which enables you to easily correct mistakes immediately after you've made them.
This is a link to the Windows installer:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-win-2.3.0.exe

I've updated my Jaws guide to Audacity to cover this release, and it's available here
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.3.0-Guide.html
Nearly all the guide is also applicable to users of NVDA and Window-Eyes.

Note that if you're using the Jaws script for Audacity, some parts of it don't yet work with this latest version of Audacity.

For Mac users, unfortunately the latest accessible version remains the screen reader version of 2.1.1, which is available here:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-macosx-ub-2.1.1-screen-reader.dmg

David.