Re: JAWS vs Office 2016 / Office 365

chris judge

No, you have it backwards, If you have the subscription to office 365, and keep your jaws up to date, you won’t be lagging be hind with office, and as jaws is updated to work with new versions of office, you will automatically get them. Remember, there is no value in sticking to older versions of office, or anything really, unless the newer versions are inaccessible. As jaws is updated to work with newer versions of office, they aren’t spending time making sure it works with older versions. This is why, as I use word and outlook a great deal, the annual fee of around $100 to insure my office software is kept up-to-date is a small price to pay.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: September 30, 2018 1:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS vs Office 2016 / Office 365

I’m not claiming to have any special knowledge about this. It’s my understanding, based on that FSCast episode, that because 365 can be updated via the Internet, it will be possible to have JAWS keep pace. By contrast, Office 2016 and 2019 are viewed by MS as stable applications that won’t be updated beyond, presumably, security and other major updates. Anything I’d add beyond this is speculation and opinion. Someone in the middle of choosing between 365 and 2016/2019 probably ought to contact VFO directly rather than drag out this thread the way other threads have been lately. (sorry, I haven’t yet absorbed VFO’s weird new name.)