Re: JAWS and Outlook 2016 contacts folder

Rebecca Lineberger

Adrian,

I have 2010, so can’t test these instructions that I found from Microsoft.  My 2010 just says card view when I go to contacts and I can right arrow through the list to view names.

Here’s what Microsoft said in answer to a question.  I hope it’s helpful.

Rebecca

Outlook 2016 Contacts Default View

How do you set the default view for Contacts in Outlook 2016? I have a user who is used to the Business Card view, but there isn't any obvious way to make

that the default view. He has to click the Business Card icon in the View section of the ribbon every time. There isn't any obvious way to set Business

Cards as the default view.

Last updated September 25, 2018Views 2,981Applies to:

Replies (2) 

Anna Bon

Replied on Date

list of 2 items

Microsoft Agent|

Moderator

list end

Hello,

Each Outlook folder, such as Inbox and Calendar, displays the items in a layout called a View. Each folder has several predefined views that you can choose

from, or you can create custom views. Please follow the steps below on how to change the Contacts default view in Outlook. Kindly confirm if the steps

will work on your end:

list of 5 items

1. Click Address Book.

2. In the address book, click the Tools menu and then click Options to load the addressing options.

3. Select Start with contact folders or select Custom and rearrange the order of contacts as required.

4. Use the pull-down menu to select the contact list that you want to be displayed as the default when the address book is opened.

5. Click OK.

list end

If it doesn't work, click public contact folder, click View > Change View > Manage Views. In Manage All Views window, click Business Card > Apply View.

Let us know if the suggested steps will help resolve the issue.

Thank you.