Re: Odd behavior in Word 2016

chris judge

Thanks. I didn’t pay attention to the quick keys issue at the time because I thought reference was being made to word only, and I hadn’t experienced it. I sure hope Microsoft, or VFO, or whoever, addresses this quickly. It’s annoying as hell.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: September 27, 2018 6:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Odd behavior in Word 2016

Yes. This is the “quick keys” issue discussed yesterday. When you experience this behavior, press JAWS key+z to toggle off quick keys. A tip: Be sure then to go to the top of the message field with control+home. Often when I’ve turned off quick keys in an Outlook 2016 reply, I discover too late that I’ve been typing somewhere else in the message field.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Odd behavior in Word 2016

I’m wondering if recent updates broke something. I use office 2016 as well. Both on my work computer, which is windows 7, and my home computer, which is windows 10, when I go to reply to a message in outlook, and try to type a message, my keys are behaving like internet navigation keys. If I close the message, reopen it again and do a reply, it usually works. Has anybody else experienced this? This happens with both jaws 2018 and the beta of 2019.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:59 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Odd behavior in Word 2016

Hi,

I keep running into an issue When using JAWS 2018 1807 in Word 2016 in Windows 10 and it’s the only place I’ve noticed this issue.  I’ll be working away fine.  I’ll alt tab away to do something else or to grab some text to paste into my Word document. When I return to Word, JAWS will not maintain correct focus and read the lines correctly as I arrow up and down.  Sometimes it says blank when the line has text, sometimes it’s reading a line above or below the current line.  Using JAWS up arrow or JAWS numpad 8 does not read the line better.  Refreshing the screen with JAWS Escape does not fix it.  Interestingly, I get the correct information if I use JAWS Tab to read the line I am on.  Closing the Word document and/or Word does not fix the problem, however, leaving Word open and just restarting JAWS will fix it. 

Any one seen this and have any idea what is going on?  I’m in a work situation with this machine, so I’m not at liberty to easily reinstall JAWS or Office. Maybe JAWS 2019 will fix it, but I’m not able to put a beta on this machine, so am waiting for the full release.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

www.keyequipmentfinance.com 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.