From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
ratshtron
Sent: September 24, 2018 4:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessible Message Software

to create a log file that will insert the date and time and place you on the
next line when you open the file is very simple. go to the computer or this
pc icon on your desktop and press enter. now, look for your c: drive and
press enter again. now, press alt+f then w then t for text document and
press enter. the default name will be new text document.txt. go ahead and
press enter to create that empty file. now, press enter on that file name.
notepad should open the file for you. you should be at the top of the file.
type

.LOG

notice the word LOG is in all capps.press enter and then press ctrl+s to
save the file. now press alt+f4 to close the file.the file name should still
be selected. press ctrl+c to copy the file to the clipboard and now, press
windows key plus m to move to the desktop and now press ctrl+v to paste the
file on to your desktop. once the new text document.txt file is on your
desktop, you can remane it to something like messages.txt. now, to log a
message, simply find the file on your desktop by pressing the first letter
of the file name and once on the one you want to open, press enter. notepad
will open the file, insert a blank line and the time and date and place you
on the line under the time and date ready for you to type in the phone
message.once you are done entering the phone message, simply close the the
file with alt+f4. you will be asked if you want to save the changes you will
answer yes. Of course, you can also simply press
ctrl+s then alt+f4 to close the file. when the next time you need to
enter another message, simply open the same file and notepad will do the
same again adding the a blank line and time date for you and you are ready
to enter the next message. hope this is something you can use.

Legend has it that on Monday 9/24/2018 11:38 AM, jyandt.martin@...
said:
Morning all.

Can anyone tell me of an accessible program for taking telephone
messages? Perhaps I am making something like this too complicated.
Using JAWS 2018 with Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks.

Jerry