Re: The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

chris judge

No, actually, if you read back through the thread, you will find that what she was looking to do was access the context menu.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: September 20, 2018 9:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

That is what she wanted, another way to do the windows key, it brings up the start menu, that is, the windows key does, and so does the control + escape.

That is a hang-over from windows 3.1 and 95, for many computers had no windows key.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:49 AM

No, control escape takes you to the start menu.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: September 19, 2018 9:51 PM

I think it is control + escape isn't it?

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:12 PM

Hi there, You can use shift f-10 to accomplish that task, for example, if you want to place shortcut on the desktop for a folder and or an existing file, press shift-10 then arrow down until you hear send to, several options populate, select desktop to place that particular icon onto the desktop.

I hope this helps.

Timothy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:09 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

One of the computers we now have is a Dell, and this laptop does not have a right-windows button.  I’ve tried the right-mouse button, hoping to come up with the same options, but they are not the same.  For instance, to make a shortcut key to an app on the desktop, I have always right-clicked with the right-windows button, gon into Properties, and the Shortcut Key tab.  However, the right-mouse button on this dell does not get me to the properties.

So I guess I’m asking two questions.  1) What is the equivalent of the right-windows button on this Dell, and how can I creat shortcut keys on the desktop without right-clicking.  Again, the right-mouse button does not offer the same options.

Thanks very much.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.