Re: The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

Annette Carr

On both my Dell laptop at work and my personal Dell laptop there is not an Applications key.  By holding down the Function key and tapping the Right Control key will achieve the same result as the Applications key.  Note, that using the Left Control key does not do anything.

HTH,

Annette

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:49 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

The various laptops I have experienced, Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba have all had the application key.  I was taught in the long long ago that the application key is synonymous with right-windows-key, even though they have different functions.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

I can recall ever seeing a laptop keyboard with a right windows key.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:09 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

One of the computers we now have is a Dell, and this laptop does not have a right-windows button.  I’ve tried the right-mouse button, hoping to come up with the same options, but they are not the same.  For instance, to make a shortcut key to an app on the desktop, I have always right-clicked with the right-windows button, gon into Properties, and the Shortcut Key tab.  However, the right-mouse button on this dell does not get me to the properties.

So I guess I’m asking two questions.  1) What is the equivalent of the right-windows button on this Dell, and how can I creat shortcut keys on the desktop without right-clicking.  Again, the right-mouse button does not offer the same options.

Thanks very much.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.