Re: The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

My experience is definitely different from yours. I know it’s possible to configure both keys that share the same name (whether alt, windows or whatever) to do different things, but they seldom do, and the windows key seems the least likely of all of them to be so differently configured. Certainly Microsoft didn’t set it up that way; right now I can use right-or-left-windows key to open the search/start box, or combinations like windows-b, windows-w,  windows-a, etc, using either key, and the result is exactly the same. That’s been the case on every desktop I’ve ever had at least. I’m no expert on laptops and the last time I borrowed one I ended up plugging my desktop keyboard into it! *grins*

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: September 19, 2018 2:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

Yes, but I haven’t seen a keyboard yet whose “right-windows” key gives the same options as the left-windows key, and I’ve been using systems since 1997.  However, there are so many keyboards and computers out there now.  Most keyboards have 2 ctrl, 2 alt, and 2 windows-keys, but those having different functions.  But technically, you are right, the application key.

Judy