Re: The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

chris judge

Hi Judy. I think you are getting conflicting information. Pressing alt enter on a desktop shortcut is not the same as simulating the right mouse click with shift f10. If, for instance, you want to find the send to option so you can accomplish tasks such as placing an icon to a program on the desktop, you would highlight the item, then press shift f10 to accomplish the same as the applications key would. Pressing alt enter doesn’t do that, it just takes you directly to the properties. I think if you do shift f10 where you would normally press the apps key, you will be able to do what you want.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

Thanks for helping me find a solution, though.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:04 PM

I know, it’s one of the annoying things about dell. Don’t get me wrong, I love my dells, but I wish they had the application key.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:50 PM

You are right, application key.  Dell has neither.

Thanks.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi. Tim’s correct, but you are confusing the right windows key with the application key.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:13 PM

Hi there, You can use shift f-10 to accomplish that task, for example, if you want to place shortcut on the desktop for a folder and or an existing file, press shift-10 then arrow down until you hear send to, several options populate, select desktop to place that particular icon onto the desktop.

I hope this helps.

Timothy

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:09 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

One of the computers we now have is a Dell, and this laptop does not have a right-windows button.  I’ve tried the right-mouse button, hoping to come up with the same options, but they are not the same.  For instance, to make a shortcut key to an app on the desktop, I have always right-clicked with the right-windows button, gon into Properties, and the Shortcut Key tab.  However, the right-mouse button on this dell does not get me to the properties.

So I guess I’m asking two questions.  1) What is the equivalent of the right-windows button on this Dell, and how can I creat shortcut keys on the desktop without right-clicking.  Again, the right-mouse button does not offer the same options.

Thanks very much.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.