Re: The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

Judy Jones

Thanks for helping me find a solution, though.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:04 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

I know, it’s one of the annoying things about dell. Don’t get me wrong, I love my dells, but I wish they had the application key.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:50 PM

You are right, application key.  Dell has neither.

Thanks.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi. Tim’s correct, but you are confusing the right windows key with the application key.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:13 PM

Hi there, You can use shift f-10 to accomplish that task, for example, if you want to place shortcut on the desktop for a folder and or an existing file, press shift-10 then arrow down until you hear send to, several options populate, select desktop to place that particular icon onto the desktop.

I hope this helps.

Timothy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:09 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] The Dell computer doesn't have a right-windows key.

One of the computers we now have is a Dell, and this laptop does not have a right-windows button.  I’ve tried the right-mouse button, hoping to come up with the same options, but they are not the same.  For instance, to make a shortcut key to an app on the desktop, I have always right-clicked with the right-windows button, gon into Properties, and the Shortcut Key tab.  However, the right-mouse button on this dell does not get me to the properties.

So I guess I’m asking two questions.  1) What is the equivalent of the right-windows button on this Dell, and how can I creat shortcut keys on the desktop without right-clicking.  Again, the right-mouse button does not offer the same options.

Thanks very much.

Judy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.