Re: JAWS 2019 Initial Thoughts

Sadam Ahmed

I've just finished catching up on this thread and wanted to chime in with my own impressions.

I installed the beta on the office PC and thus far very happy with how responsive Jfw is specially when browsing the web.

Even dealing with lots of email in Thunderbird is greatly improved.

In my experience, from time to time under version 2018 if I moved up and down in the list of messages, speech would hang occasionally.

Those are the 2 examples that come to mind.

The release notes mention greater responsiveness in office, which I'm looking forward to trying out, both via  speech, and braille.

Finally, I am not having any issues regarding announcement of a background Window.

Running Windows 10 (OS Build 17134.285).

No Vipre software.

Best,

Sadam Ahmed

On 9/19/2018 8:49 PM, george b wrote:

Which version of viper do you chris?

From: "Rose" <rosecombs52@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 18:18
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.