JAWS 17 and drop downs in Excel spreadsheets

Kathryn.Frederick@ood.ohio.gov

Good Morning,

I’m running Windows 8.1 with JAWS 17.0.1010 and Microsoft Office 2013, (this is my employer’s computer configuration). Keeping this in mind, I’ve encountered some Excel spreadsheets over the past week that contain drop down boxes. JAWS reads “press alt+down arrow to open the list”, but once I’m in the list, JAWS does not announce the items as I arrow through and attempt to make a selection. Any thoughts on resolving this issue/advising the creators of the spreadsheet how to make it more accessible are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Katie Frederick

Program Administrator

Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities

150E. Campus View BLVD. Suite 300 (Third Floor)

Columbus, OH

43235

Phone: (614) 438-1260

Email: Kathryn.Frederick@...