From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of cecropia64
Sent: September 19, 2018 7:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

Last time I checked, Web visum isn't working with Firefox anymore.  Has this changed in the last six months or so?  I remember that it was working and then stopped again.

On 9/19/2018 7:05 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

I don’t think Webvisum relies on live human operators to solve captchas.  My understanding is that this add-on uses a proprietary algorithm to solve captchas, which explains why it doesn’t always work.

Gerald

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:32 AM

Hi Maria,

I think the answer to your below question is that captchas are solved by real human beings who are sitting somewhere and providing the necessary information to you via the particular application that is being used, e.g., WebVisum). To the best of my knowledge, the particular information that is contained within the captcha cannot, as yet, be understood by a machine. If this were possible, Doctor Turing's method of circumventing machine identification of purposely weird-looking letters and numbers would be rendered absolutely pointless, and the captcha would have no inherent value.

As the old saying goes, "one rotten apple at the bottom of the barrel spoils the whole barrel", and we innocents who are undeserving of the precautions that are taken against such wicked perversity are made to pay dearly for it. Oh, how I wish this miserable situation were not the case in the real world, but it seems as though we must continue to suffer!

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 3:30:48 PM CDT, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

If Webbisum could do it, when it worked, why not VFO?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 9/18/2018 4:28 PM, Andy wrote:

There might be some legal concerns regarding FS implementing technology to circumvent a security measure.

Andy