From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws 2019 beta and pronunciation dictionary

Hi all.
Using the 2019 beta, I have unfortunately discovered that dictionary entries
can no longer be assigned to specific languages, speech engines and voices.
Those combo boxes no longer exist in the dialogue. All dictionary entries
can now only be for all languages and speech engines. This ability to
compile different dictionaries for different languages and speech engines is
one of the things I've always liked best about Jaws. Now, it's gone. I don't
want to add too many English pronunciations of foreign words, as I always
have, lest they be mispronounced in their original languages because of my
phonetic respellings.
Am I crazy, or is this happening to others?

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. Candidate in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and
Pedagogue