Re: Previous Captia Inquiry

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I believe it’s Chrome only. Maybe there is also a Firefox version, but, I suspect, nothing for IE.

Steve, from my understanding, the developers of Webvism have abandoned the project.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: September 18, 2018 3:56 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

Thanks. I spoke with FS earlier today, and they had no workaround. So ...

Do you know if Rumola works with Ie?

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:49 PM

I used Webvisum a couple weeks ago, but I don't think it works with anything above Firefox 52. 

I can never seem to get any relevant response from them on their website, so I suspect once that version of Firefox is gone, we're going to have to use something like Rumola or one of the other Captcha solutions, for those sites that don't provide an alternative; or whose alternative audio is so garbled as to be useless.

I suggested to Mr. Damery a few years ago that a captcha-reading capability within Jaws would be nice, but to no avail.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:41 PM

I’ve never had success with Webvism and the add-on is not supported anymore anyway, so I’m not going to suggest that.

To be honest I’ve never successfully solved this problem without sighted assistance, if there is no audio option.

Sometimes even when there is an audio option, it’s too garbled to make much sense of and the result Is long minutes of frustration and tedium.

But it seems like the audio ones are actually getting better, as a rule.

There are other solving tools for the visual ones. I believe most of them charge a small fee for use and I have  never tried.

Maybe look for something called Rumola. I believe it’s an add-on for Chrome.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: September 18, 2018 8:13 AM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

Morning all.

I believe that this subject has been approached before, but my sometimers is in high gear today.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to deal with captias on a website. I am applying for a job, and the registration site has a captia at the beginning of the site. Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.