Re: Previous Captia Inquiry

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I don’t know the reason it never worked for me, but I tried installing it on two separate occasions/systems, successfully got an account (even though in the end I had to ask for invitations from a friend), and only ever got it to give me a “no capsha found” message. Some of its bells and whistles seemed to interfere with normal firefox functionality too. In the end I decided it wasn’t worth the trouble and just killed it. I’m glad it works for you and some others, but for me, it’s a non-starter, and not even worth another glance, since it’s abandonware now, and I’ve moved on to Firefox Quantum, or well, almost anyway (JAWS still won’t play too nice with it….)

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor Gouveia
Sent: September 18, 2018 4:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

I have had no end of success with Webvisum and Firefox.

In fact, I haven’t updated my Firefox in so long because I'm reading posts the Webvisum plug-in doesn’t work with newer versions of Firefox, but I don’t really mind much since I solely use it for CAPTCHA solving in any case, but yet.  Out of all the years I’ve been using the add-on, I’ve only failed to solve the CAPTCHA twice, and in each instance, it asked me to resubmit and the CAPTCHA was solved on the second try.

So, again, I’ve no idea why people rag on Webvisum so much.  Like I said, I’ve had nothing but success with it.

Victor