Re: Previous Captia Inquiry

Victor Gouveia

I have had no end of success with Webvisum and Firefox.

In fact, I haven’t updated my Firefox in so long because I'm reading posts the Webvisum plug-in doesn’t work with newer versions of Firefox, but I don’t really mind much since I solely use it for CAPTCHA solving in any case, but yet.  Out of all the years I’ve been using the add-on, I’ve only failed to solve the CAPTCHA twice, and in each instance, it asked me to resubmit and the CAPTCHA was solved on the second try.

So, again, I’ve no idea why people rag on Webvisum so much.  Like I said, I’ve had nothing but success with it.

Victor

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

I’ve never had success with Webvism and the add-on is not supported anymore anyway, so I’m not going to suggest that.

To be honest I’ve never successfully solved this problem without sighted assistance, if there is no audio option.

Sometimes even when there is an audio option, it’s too garbled to make much sense of and the result Is long minutes of frustration and tedium.

But it seems like the audio ones are actually getting better, as a rule.

There are other solving tools for the visual ones. I believe most of them charge a small fee for use and I have  never tried.

Maybe look for something called Rumola. I believe it’s an add-on for Chrome.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: September 18, 2018 8:13 AM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Previous Captia Inquiry

Morning all.

I believe that this subject has been approached before, but my sometimers is in high gear today.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to deal with captias on a website. I am applying for a job, and the registration site has a captia at the beginning of the site. Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.