Re: A Humble Request

Hello Marek:

Time is sometimes confusing, lets see:

First of all, there are two principal ways of expressing it, either using a 24-hour system such as in Europe or Military Time here in the USA, or with a 12-hour system, which what civilians use here in the USA as well.  The 24-hour system is expressed as 13:00 hours, while the 12-hour system is expressed as 1:00 PM.  In other words, AM or PM is pertinent only in the 12-hour system, not in the 24-hour system.

Secondly, timezones are very complex, more so because not only some countries have several timezones, but also because some countries go on Daylight Saving Time and some do not; moreover, in the same country, such as USA and Mexico, some states do not use Daylight Savings, i.e. The State of Arizona in the USA or Sonora in Mexico.

All the preceding make it impractical to use, in a worldwide context,  a timezone other than Universal Timezone or Greenwich Meridian time (UDT or GMT) which is the base.  For instance, here in Eastern United States, we are 5 hours before GMT in winter and 4 hours before GMT in summer, expressed as GMT -5 or GMT -4.  Western Europe are either one or two hours after GMT, depending if winter or summer, or GMT +1 or GMT +2.

If you get used to looking at this part of the time declaration, you get a pretty good idea of the difference of the time at the sender’s locale and your own, it is just a matter of adding or substracting the offset from GMT.

HTH,

Humberto

From: "Mike B." <mike9902@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 13:09
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi Marek,

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you need to change the USA time to the 12 hour format. It's reading the 23:00 pm because it's set for 24 hour / military time reading. 23:00 pm would be 11:00 pm in the 12 hour format.
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.