Re: outlook rules

Sharon S

Hi, I have just tried this with my jaws rule but when I hit apply I get an error message. It is something about the server not being able to do the task or something like that. So I ended up not doing this but if anyone else tries and gets it working I would love to hear from you. When I have more time I might try again but at the moment I have way too many emails to sort out to be playing around with sounds.

From Shaz.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:51 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] outlook rules

For clarification for all of us, a rule can be created to make a sound when particular kinds of messages come in.  So, it’s not that we are assigning a sound when a message is moved into a particular folder but rather that a sound is played when a particular message arrives, regardless of where that message is subsequently placed.  I think that was the confusion for many of us.  As one person noted, and I just checked, there are many options that can be applied to, say, the Jaws users list messages that come in.  Most of us will likely just have them routed to a particular folder, but sighted people might also apply a certain color, flag or whatever.  So, feasibly, you can assign a barking dog sound to messages about dogs and a different sound to messages from the JAWS list.